The East African Community (EAC) integration process is based on a market-driven cooperation (EAC Treaty 1999, Art 7), thereby placing the EAC private sector at the heart of the EAC strategy to attain the attainment of sustainable growth and development of the region. As part of its 20th
Anniversary Celebrations, the East African Business Council (EABC) intends to bring to the fore this critical role of the private sector in the EAC through the launching of the EABC Business Excellence Awards (EABC BEAs).
The EABC BEAs, which will be biennial, seek to reinforce the critical role of the private sector and to recognise and celebrate businesses from Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda that demonstrate exceptional business performance in accelerating regional growth, creating wealth and employment and reducing poverty across the region.
As the only regional business awards, the EABC-BEAs provide businesses in East Africa an opportunity to compete for the ultimate business accolade at the EAC level.
The inaugural EABC BEAs was launched on 10th
January 2018 and will be unveiled at a Gala Dinner to be held on 23rd
March 2018 at the Kenyatta International Conference Center.
- Awards Launch and entries open - January 10 , 2018
- Awards entries close extended to - February 17th , 2018
- Commencement of judging process & Auditing Process - February 19th, 2018
- Desktop review by Judges - Week of February 19th, 2018
- Judges face to face meeting - Week of February 19th -23rd, 2018
- Completion of Judging process - March 9th, 2018
- Finalists announced - Week of March 12th, 2018
- Conference and Awards Gala Night - March 23, 2018
- Winners Luncheon - March 24th, 2018