The East African Business Council, the East African Community, and the African Union Commission is pleased to invite you to attend the 14th African Union High-Level Private Sector Forum. The forum will be held under the theme “Public-Private Sector Engagement for Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development while Deepening Regional and Continental Trade and Investment towards Implementation of AfCFTA” from 10th to 12th July 2023 in Nairobi, Kenya. Register at: https://www.eac.int/psforum
This forum aims to address the challenges and opportunities presented by regional and continental integration initiatives, particularly the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). It will be presided by EAC Heads of State, providing a platform for high-level government officials and the business community to engage in candid dialogues, discuss solutions, and explore opportunities for promoting regional and continental trade and investment.
The objectives of the forum are as follows:
- Leveraging the AfCFTA to promote regional value chains and increase productive capacity.
- Enhancing the role of women and youth in regional and continental development.
- Leveraging trends in digital transformation to enhance trade and investment.
- Raising awareness of the significance of the creative economy in promoting inclusive and sustainable development and deepening regional trade at all levels.
- Discussing measures to address diverse regulatory frameworks that impact regional trade and investments.
- Promoting action towards environmental sustainability and addressing the adverse effects of climate change.
- Exploring strategies to address barriers to access to finance.
We have curated a diverse range of sessions covering key topics such as inclusive growth, sustainable development, access to finance, climate change, youth empowerment, textile industry, health sector, energy, digital trade, and tax regimes in Africa.
We anticipate the participation of over 500 attendees from Africa and beyond, including high-level public policy makers, private sector actors, financial institutions, representatives of women and youth-led/owned creative start-ups, as well as academia and research institutions. The forum will also feature 100 exhibitors showcasing their products and services.
Participation in the event is free of charge. We kindly request you to register your attendance early by using the following link: https://www.eac.int/psforum