The East African Business Council (EABC) is the apex advocacy body of Private Sector Associations and Corporates from the seven (7) East African Community (EAC) Partner States (Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda). It was established in 1997 to foster the interest of the private sector interests in the EAC integration process. EABC’s vision is borderless East Africa for business and investment with primary mission of promoting sustainable private sector- driven growth. EABC has Observer Status at the EAC level which offers an authentic avenue for advocating for private sector interests in the EAC integration agenda with a view of promoting a conducive business environment in the region. Download Advert
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK
The National Liaison Consultant (NLC) will focus for all Members related matters in the Partner State. As a consequence, the duties of the NLC will encompass much more than administrative processes. They cover Recruiting and maintaining members, resource mobilization, leadership, strategic thinking, operational supervision management, coordination and relationship building with EABC key stakeholders:
2.1 KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare list of prospective companies to join EABC membership
- Recruit new members for EABC at least seven (7) per quarter which at the end of the contract will be twenty-eight (28) Members.
- Generate minimum of 30,000 USD within 6 months.
- Follow up to collect membership subscription fees at national level and report to EABC;
- Keep in constant touch with EABC members and collect key issues affecting members and submit a report to EABC;
- Conduct interviews with members who withdraw from EABC and provide a report to the Executive Director.
- Provide a weekly report to EABC for the weekly membership briefing. The report should be submitted by Thursday of every week and show the members visited, activities carried out, key issues identified and new contacts if there is a change in key contact person within the organization visited.
- Deliver EABC documents (letters, magazines, invoices etc.) to EABC members and stakeholders;
- Market EABC resource mobilization activities and initiatives at the EAC Partner States level. Includes sourcing for adverts for the East African Business Agenda and sponsorship for EABC events regionally;
- Support preparations for EABC meetings at national level
- Attend EABC meetings organized at Partner States Level;
- Represent EABC in some meetings upon the request of EABC secretariat and provide a report three days after the event.
- Maintain records of all activities conducted at national level for at least 2 years.
- Support the EABC Ambassadors in Membership recruitment.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time
2.2 OFFICE STATION
Remotely and EABC Head Quarters in Arusha, Tanzania when needed.
The assignment should take a total of 6 months renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
The National Liaison Consultant will report to the Membership Manager and EABC Executive Director.
A suitable candidate should hold the following qualifications and key competencies:
- Education Qualification: Minimum Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or any the relevant field from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning;
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in management and leadership with evidence of working and succeeding in complex public, private, and regional integration settings
- Communication and Networking: Ability to speak and write clearly and in a persuasive and compelling manner. Additionally, one must be able to identify key members and other EABC key stakeholders; seek their views, correctly interpret their messages and respond
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals and ability to work in a multinational environment with diverse groups of
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required as it is the main EAC working language. Good working knowledge of French and Kiswahili will be an
- Additional Skills: Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Email, analytical tools/software for data analysis, experience in working with internet searches, online databases, and data retrieval) are
- Nationality: The position is only open to nationals and residents of
6.0 APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants should submit attach their application letter, a detailed CV shows telephone contacts and three referees, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
The applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to copy email@example.com please quote “National Liaison Consultant Uganda” in the subject of the email and send to the address given below. by 20th May, 2023.
The Executive Director / CEO
East African Business Council (EABC)
Ninth Floor, Mafao House, Old Moshi Road
PO. Box 2617
Only applicants who meet the selection criteria are shortlisted will be contacted.
EABC is an equal opportunity employer thus recruitment is on merit and with no regard to one’s age, colour, gender, marital status, disability or impairment, race or creed. Hence, canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.