On Friday, 3rd March 2023, Arusha, Tanzania; H.E. Samia Suluhu Hassan, President of the United Republic of Tanzania officially handed over the title deed for plot of land No.4/2 situated at Mateves Arusha containing twelve thousand three hundred and fifty-five (12,355) square meters (3 hectares) allocated to the East African Business Council (EABC). Download Tender
The plot of land will enable East African Business Council (EABC) to build its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania which is also the headquarters of the East African Community (EAC). This will go a long way in enabling the EABC in executing its mandate as the voice of the private sector in East Africa and driving the vision of a borderless East Africa for business and investment. EABC’s mission is to advocate for a conducive business environment and promote sustainable private sector-driven growth in the EAC region
The intended building will have modern offices, conference hall that can accommodate up to 200 people, a cafeteria, and an exhibition space that can hold up to 400 booths. The EABC requires a comprehensive design that will incorporate all the needs and provide a functional and aesthetic structure.
- To design and construct a five-level building that meets the EABC specifications and requirements.
- To provide modern offices that are functional and aesthetically appealing.
- To design a conference hall that can accommodate up to 200 people and provide all the necessary facilities and modern equipment.
- To design a cafeteria that can cater to the needs of the EABC staff, members and their guests.
- To design an exhibition space that can hold up to 400 booths and provide all the necessary facilities and modern equipment.
- To ensure that the building is energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
- To ensure that the building complies with all relevant building codes and regulations.
The project scope includes the following:
- Site survey and analysis of the three (3) acres plot of land
- Design of a five-level building with modern offices, a conference hall for 200 people, a cafeteria, and an exhibition space for 400 booths.
- Preparation of detailed architectural drawings, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans and specifications.
- Preparation of cost estimates and project implementation schedules.
- Coordination with local authorities to obtain all necessary permits and approvals.
- Participation in the selection of qualified contractors for the construction of the building.
- Supervision of the construction process to ensure compliance with the design specifications and project schedule.
- Commissioning of the building to ensure that all systems are fully operational and functional.
The following deliverables are expected:
- A comprehensive design of the building, including all necessary plans and specifications.
- A detailed cost estimate for the construction of the building.
- A project schedule that outlines all key milestones and deadlines.
- All necessary permits and approvals from local authorities.
- A list of qualified contractors and subcontractors for the construction of the building.
- Regular progress reports and updates throughout the construction process.
- A fully functional and operational building that meets all EABC requirements and specifications.
- Who to apply
All experienced, credible and registered Architectural Firms with legal capacity to enter into a contract. The firms must be registered and recognized by Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board(AQRB) of the United Republic of Tanzania.
5.1 Technical Proposal
- Technical Proposal in one original and one copy;
- Administrative requirements including; firm profile, registration and license documents, Tax registration, power of attorney(where applicable);
- Contact details, evidence of experience in similar tasks;
- CVs of Professional staff involved (Minimum of three(3) staff)
5.2 Financial Proposal
- Financial proposal in one original and one copy.
- Full cost in USD and breakdown of reimbursables, Taxes and duties and any other related costs
The Technical and Financial proposals should be sealed in separate envelopes and enclosed in the main outer envelope.
- Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Experience and expertise of the firm in similar projects
- Compliance with project requirements and specifications
- Quality and creativity of proposed design and concept
- Proposed project timeline and schedule
- Cost-effectiveness of the proposed project
- Proposed construction methodology and quality control measures
- Qualifications of key personnel
- How to apply
Interested bidders should submit one original for both the Technical Proposal and the Financial Proposal in sealed envelopes clearly marked “QUOTATION TO PROVIDE DESIGN SERVICES FOR THE EABC HEADQUARTERS IN ARUSHA, TANZANIA to the EABC firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th May 2023 at 1600hrs EAT addressed to:
The Executive Director,
East African Business Council Limited,
9th Floor Mafao House, along Old Moshi Road
P.O. Box 2617, Arusha, Tanzania.
Tel: 255 27 2520162 | +255 27 2520163
For any clarification, please contact the Procurement Unit on the following e-mail: email@example.com