CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
Summary of the assignment:
ABOUT EAST AFRICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL
The East African Business Council (EABC) is the umbrella body of the Private Sector in the East African Community (EAC). It brings together national private sector umbrella bodies, manufacturers, employers, bankers, insurance and transporters associations, chambers of commerce, corporates, and medium and small enterprises from the entire East African region.
EABC’s mandate is to represent and promote the interests of the EAC business community, provide value-added services that enhance trade and competitiveness, and to participate actively and positively influence legal and regulatory formulation to improve the business environment. EABC works with the major stakeholders such as the EAC Secretariat, Organs, Institutions and National Governments and provides input in policy discussion while advocating for the implementation of resolutions at the national level aimed at increasing intra-regional trade.
RATIONALE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
EABC with support from TMEA intends to hire services of a consultant to support the implementation of a media engagement plan with the overall goal of supporting advocacy through the media.
- Familiarize with her/himself with EABC-TMEA Safe Trade Emergency Programme and ensure adequate coverage of private sector issues and gains across all media channels/mediums.
- Review the media engagement plan for Business Membership Organisations
- Organize EABC news editor’s roundtable meetings.
- Organize social media campaigns on the impact of COVID 19 and recovery strategies of businesses in the EAC.
- Organize stakeholders and members Interview(s) on the impact of COVID-19 on sea and airports, rail and borders across the region.
- Hold Interview(s) on the impact of COVID-19 on logistics, manufacturing, agriculture and tourism.
- Prepare and distribute press releases preleases on COVID-19 impact studies on logistics, manufacturing, agriculture and tourism
- Organize Press conference on COVID-19 impact studies on logistics, manufacturing, agriculture and tourism
- Press Conference on the launch of COVID-19 impact assessments studies on sea and airports, rail and borders across the region
- Write impact stories and opinion pieces on advocacy issues and successes
- Guide on content creation of documentaries on success stories
- Prepare and distribute press releases on joint recommendations from stakeholders’ virtual meetings
- Support publicity of studies, reports, position papers.
- Any other related duties assigned by the Executive Director or the Communications Officer.
THE KEY DELIVERABLES INCLUDE:
- Reports on EABC’s mentions in the media.
SCOPE OF WORK
The contractor shall report to the CEO/ Executive Director and work closely with EABC Communications Officer, national focal points, sector associations and development partners in all the EAC Partner States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A suitable candidate should hold the following qualifications and key competencies:
- Academic and Professional Experience: Degree in Mass Communication / Journalism or any other related field.
- Knowledge of EAC Integration is a must.
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required as it is the main EAC working language. Good working knowledge of French and Kiswahili will be an advantage.
- Nationality: The position is only open to Nationals of any of the EAC Partner States, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants should send their CV and profile addressed to;
The Executive Director / CEO
East African Business Council (EABC)
Ninth Floor, Mafao House, Old Moshi Road
P. O. Box 2617
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com clearly marked “Consultancy Services for Media Engagement” by 15th February 2021.
The financial proposal should be protected with a password and sent separately. Applications close on 14th February 2021.
EABC is an equal opportunity employer thus recruitment is on merit and with no regard to one’s age, colour, gender, marital status, disability or impairment, race or creed. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Environmental aspects will be taken into consideration.